Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us and we are committed to protecting it. This policy explains what we will do with your personal information.
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (seqlegal.com) and modified by Car Phrases (https://carphrases.com)
C. Collection of personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored and used:
computer information, including IP address, geographic location, browser type, and version, and operating system;
information about the visits and use of this website, including the source of recommendation, the duration of the visit, page views and website navigation;
- information such as your e-mail address, which you enter when registering on our website;
- information such as your name and email address
Enter to configure email and/or email subscriptions
- information you enter while using the services on our website;
- information that is generated while you use our website, including when, how often and under what circumstances you use it;
- the information you post on our website to post on the internet, which may include your username, profile pictures and content of posts;
- information contained in any communications you send to us by email or through our website, including the content of the communications and their metadata;
- any other personal information you send us.
Before disclosing our personal information to another person, you must obtain that person’s consent for both disclosure and processing of personal information under this policy.
D. Use of your personal information
The personal information transmitted through our website will be used for the purposes specified by this policy or on the respective pages of the website. We may use your personal information for:
- managing our website and business;
- customizing our website for you;
- authorizing the use of the services available on our website;
- sending commercial communications for information;
- sending expressly requested notifications by e-mail;
- sending our newsletter by e-mail, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you do not want this communication anymore);
- addressing requests and complaints made by you or you regarding our website;
- maintaining the security of our website and preventing fraud;
- verification of compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring of private messages sent through our private messaging service); and
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and use that information under the scope of the agreement you provide to us.
The privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be changed using the privacy switches on the website.
We will never provide your personal information to third parties for marketing
E. Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent required by law;
- in connection with any potential or ongoing legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including the provision of information to third parties for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction);
- to any person, we reasonably believe that a court or other competent authority may disclose personal information if, in our reasonable opinion, such a court or authority may order the disclosure of personal information.
- Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
F. International data transfers
The information we collect may be stored, processed and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate to enable us to use the information under this policy.
The information collected may be transferred between the following countries that have not established laws for the protection of personal data equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
The personal information you publish on our website or that you submit for publication on our website may be available through the Internet worldwide. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of this information by others.
You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section (F).
G. Retention of personal information
- Section G sets out our data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure compliance with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
The personal information we process for any purpose or purposes will not be kept longer than is necessary for that purpose or purposes.
- Without prejudice to Article G-2, we usually delete personal data that fall into the categories listed below.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section G, we will keep documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent required by law;
- if we consider that the documents may be relevant for any ongoing or future legal proceedings; and
to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including the provision of information to third parties for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction);
H. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers (password protected and firewalled).
You are aware that the transmission of information over the Internet is usually unsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of the data sent over the Internet.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password you use to access our website; we will never ask for your password (unless you log on to our website).
We reserve the right to update this policy from time to time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page from time to time to make sure you understand any changes to this policy. We can notify you of changes made to this policy by e-mail or through the private messaging system on our website.
K. Third-party sites
Our site includes hyperlinks to and details about third-party sites. We do not have any control and we are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
L. Updating information
Please let us know if our personal information about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The names of the cookies we use on our website and the purposes for which they are used can be found below:
We use Google Analytics on our website to recognize a computer when a user visits the website/tracks users while browsing the website / improves website usage / analyzes website usage / prevents fraud and improves the security website / customize website for each user / direct ads that may be of particular interest to the user / describe the purpose (s);
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer
Deleting cookies will negatively impact the usability of many websites.