Looking for an SUV with a rear window that opens? You’re in luck! We’ve compiled a list of 10 top-notch SUVs that offer this convenient feature.
From spacious interiors to sleek designs, these vehicles have it all. In this article, we’ll dive into the features and benefits of SUVs with rear windows that open, helping you make an informed decision.
So, buckle up and get ready to explore the best SUVs on the market!
- SUVs with rear windows that open provide increased ventilation and improved airflow, preventing odors and heat buildup.
- Different types of rear windows that open, such as hinged windows and sliding windows, offer options based on individual preferences for opening mechanisms.
- SUVs with rear windows that open offer convenience for quickly loading and unloading items, as well as versatility for transporting longer items.
- Safety features in SUVs with rear windows that open, such as rearview cameras, blind spot monitoring, and collision avoidance systems, prioritize the protection of passengers and cargo.
List of SUVs with rear windows that open
1. Toyota 4Runner
You can include the Toyota 4Runner in your list of SUVs with rear windows that open. Here are three reasons why the 4Runner stands out in this category:
- Versatility: The rear window of the 4Runner can be fully opened, providing easy access to the cargo area and allowing for convenient loading and unloading.
- Ventilation: With the rear window open, the 4Runner offers excellent airflow, allowing fresh air to circulate throughout the cabin.
- Visibility: The rear window provides an additional line of sight, enhancing driver visibility and making parking and maneuvering easier.
2. Jeep Wrangler
The Jeep Wrangler frequently stands out in the list of SUVs with this feature. Its unique design allows for a versatile driving experience, with the option to fully or partially open the rear window for added ventilation or to access the cargo area.
Here is a comparison table showcasing the rear window opening features of various SUVs:
|SUV Model||Rear Window Opening|
|Jeep Wrangler||Fully or partially open|
|Toyota 4Runner||Fully open|
|Ford Bronco||Fully open|
|Chevrolet Blazer||Fully open|
The Jeep Wrangler’s rear window opening capability sets it apart from other SUVs, providing convenience and functionality to its drivers.
2. Land Rover Defender
Continuing the discussion on SUVs with a rear opening window, the Land Rover Defender stands out as another vehicle that offers this convenient feature.
Here are three reasons why the Land Rover Defender is worth considering:
- Robust design: With its rugged construction and durable materials, the Land Rover Defender is built to withstand tough terrains and harsh conditions.
- Off-road capabilities: Equipped with advanced off-road technologies, the Defender allows you to venture off the beaten path with confidence.
- Spacious interior: The Defender offers ample space for both passengers and cargo, making it a practical choice for daily use or adventure trips.
3. Ford Bronco
The Ford Bronco stands out as another SUV with this great feature that allows for easy access to the cargo area, making loading and unloading items a breeze.
The rear window can be opened independently from the tailgate, providing flexibility for different scenarios.
4. Chevrolet Blazer
If you’re looking for an SUV with a rear window that opens, consider checking out the Chevrolet Blazer. Here is a reason why the Blazer is a great choice:
Spacious Cargo Area: The Blazer offers ample space to carry your belongings, and the rear window that opens makes it easy to load and unload items.
With the rear window that opens, you can easily reach the cargo area without having to open the entire tailgate.
5. GMC Jimmy
Looking for an SUV with a rear window that opens? Consider the GMC Jimmy for its practicality and versatility.
The GMC Jimmy is a compact SUV that features a rear window that can be opened for added convenience. This allows for easy access to the cargo area and improves ventilation inside the vehicle.
6. Nissan Xterra
Consider the Nissan Xterra if you’re searching for an SUV with a functional rear window. The spacious cargo area of the Xterra offers ample space for transporting gear, thanks to its rear window that opens independently from the tailgate.
The rear window’s opening mechanism allows for easy loading and unloading of items, making it a practical choice for outdoor enthusiasts.
7. Mitsubishi Montero
Let’s now turn our attention to another option: the Mitsubishi Montero.
The Mitsubishi Montero is a reliable SUV that offers the convenience of a rear window that opens. With its spacious interior and powerful engine, the Montero is perfect for long road trips or outdoor adventures.
8. Isuzu Trooper
The Isuzu Trooper should be on your list. Here are three reasons why:
- Spacious Interior: The Isuzu Trooper offers ample room for both passengers and cargo. With an opening rear window, you can easily access the trunk space without having to open the entire tailgate.
- Versatile Loading: The rear window opening of the Isuzu Trooper provides a convenient way to load and unload items that may not fit through the tailgate. This flexibility makes it easier to transport larger objects or bulky equipment.
9. Suzuki Samurai
When searching for SUVs, don’t overlook the convenience and versatility of the Suzuki Samurai. This compact SUV offers a fully functional rear window.
The Suzuki Samurai is a reliable and capable off-road vehicle, perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. With its compact size and impressive off-road capabilities, the Samurai is a great option for those seeking adventure.
|Off-road capable||Limited cargo space||Engine: 1.3L I4|
|Compact size||Rough ride||Power: 63 hp|
|Rear window opens||Noisy interior||Torque: 74 lb-ft|
|Easy to maneuver||Limited seating||Transmission: 5-speed manual|
|Affordable price||Lack of modern features||Fuel economy: 23 mpg|
Features of SUVs with opening rear windows
When it comes to SUVs that have this, there are several features that you should be aware of.
First and foremost, one of the main benefits of having a rear window that opens is the increased ventilation it provides, allowing for fresh air to circulate throughout the vehicle.
Additionally, there are different types of rear windows that open, such as hinged windows that swing open or windows that slide horizontally, giving you options based on your preferences.
Lastly, safety features are also important to consider, as some SUVs with rear windows that open come equipped with child safety locks and sensors to prevent accidents.
The benefits of having a rear window that opens
- Convenience: With a rear window that opens, you can quickly load and unload items from the cargo area without having to open the entire tailgate.
- Improved ventilation: Opening the rear window allows fresh air to circulate through the cargo space, preventing any unpleasant odors or buildup of heat.
- Versatility: The ability to open the rear window gives you the option to transport longer items that extend beyond the cargo area, while still being able to secure the rest of the load.
Types of rear windows that open
There are different types of rear windows that open in SUVs, each offering unique features and benefits.
The most common type is the traditional flip-up window, which allows for easy access to the cargo area and provides ventilation.
Another type is the sliding rear window, which can be opened partially or fully, allowing for increased airflow and convenient loading and unloading.
Some SUVs also feature a split rear tailgate, with a lower section that opens separately, providing a versatile and practical solution for accessing the cargo area.
Safety features of SUVs with rear windows that open
To ensure the safety of passengers and cargo, SUVs with rear windows that open are equipped with a range of innovative features and technologies. These safety features include:
- Rearview cameras: These cameras provide a clear view of the area behind the SUV, helping drivers avoid collisions while reversing.
- Blind spot monitoring: This technology alerts drivers to vehicles in their blind spots, reducing the risk of accidents when changing lanes.
- Collision avoidance systems: These systems use sensors and automatic braking to detect and prevent potential collisions, keeping occupants safe on the road.
How to choose an SUV with a rear window that opens
When choosing an SUV with a rear window that opens, there are a few important points to consider.
- First, think about the purpose of the SUV and how you plan to use it.
- Look for safety features that will protect you and your passengers.
- Additionally, check the size of the rear window to ensure it provides enough visibility.
Consider the purpose of the SUV
Choose an SUV with a rear window that opens based on your specific needs and preferences. Consider the purpose of the SUV and how it aligns with your lifestyle. Here are three factors to consider:
- Cargo space: If you frequently haul large items, opt for an SUV with a rear window that opens to facilitate loading and unloading.
- Pet transportation: For pet owners, a rear window that opens allows for better ventilation and easier access for your furry friends.
- Outdoor activities: If you enjoy camping or outdoor adventures, an SUV with a rear window that opens provides convenient access to your gear and enhances your overall experience.
Look for safety features
Consider the safety features of an SUV with a rear window that opens to ensure the well-being of you and your passengers. When choosing an SUV, it’s important to prioritize safety.
Look for features such as advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS), which can help prevent accidents through features like automatic emergency braking and lane keeping assist.
Additionally, consider opting for SUVs with blind-spot monitoring, rearview cameras, and rear cross-traffic alert systems to enhance your awareness on the road.
|Advanced ADAS||Uses technology to assist the driver in avoiding accidents||Reduces the risk of collisions and enhances overall safety|
|Blind-spot monitoring||Alerts you to vehicles in your blind spots||Helps prevent lane-changing accidents and increases awareness|
|Rearview cameras||Provides a clear view of what’s behind the vehicle||Makes parking and reversing safer and easier|
|Rear cross-traffic alert||Warns you of approaching vehicles when reversing||Prevents accidents when reversing out of parking spaces|
Check the size of the rear window
To ensure optimal visibility when selecting an SUV, it is important to prioritize checking the size of the rear window. A larger rear window can provide a wider field of view, making it easier to see objects and vehicles behind you. When checking the size of the rear window, consider the following:
- Look for a window that’s tall enough to provide a clear view of the road.
- Ensure that the window is wide enough to see the entire width of the rear area.
- Take note of any obstructions, such as headrests or pillars, that could hinder visibility.
Consider the type of rear window that opens
When selecting an SUV with a rear window that opens, prioritize examining the type of rear window opening mechanism.
- There are various types to consider, such as a traditional liftgate, a split liftgate, or a tailgate-style window.
- A traditional liftgate opens upward, providing full access to the cargo area.
- A split liftgate has two separate sections, allowing for easier loading and unloading in tight spaces.
- A tailgate-style window swings open horizontally, providing quick access to smaller items.
Choose the type that best suits your needs.
You should prioritize SUVs with an opening rear window for increased versatility and convenience. Here’s why:
- Easy access to cargo: Loading and unloading large items becomes much easier when you can simply reach through the open rear window instead of having to open the entire tailgate.
- Improved visibility: By opening the rear window, you can have a clearer view of what’s behind you, making parking and maneuvering in tight spaces less stressful.